We are looking for a part-time phlebotomist in Bellevue, NE. Wednesdays from 5:30am to 7:30am, can be flexible with time. This is a perfect position to add to a full-time job! Pay is DOE but starts at a minimum of $20 per hour.
The Certified Phlebotomist ensures the proper collection, labeling, storage, and mailing of blood and urine samples to the laboratory for testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify urine and blood test requisitions.
- Follow laboratory procedures to correctly identify the patient before any specimen is obtained.
- Obtain blood specimens by performing venipunctures and fingersticks; collect urine specimens.
- Maintain specimen integrity by following department procedures; observe isolation procedures.
- Properly label and document specimens and prepare for shipment.
- Maintain daily tallies of collections performed; inform supervisor of low volume shifts, unusual problems, or deviations from standard procedure.
- Maintain quality results by following laboratory and clinical procedures and the testing schedule.
- Track and request laboratory and office supplies needed to fulfill duties.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; follow Universal Precautions and OSHA standards when handling specimens.
- Strictly adhere to HIPAA regulations.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Phlebotomy Certification (proof of certification required upon hire)
- Computer and technology proficient
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful and/or fast-paced environments
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to communicate clearly and frequently
- Ability to work well on a team composed of unique individuals
- Ability to use judgment to solve problems
- Ability to be polite, courteous, and engaging with staff and patients
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK CONDITIONS
- Frequently required to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 20 pounds
- Frequently required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to sit or stand for periods of time and bend, stretch, and stoop
- Frequently required to use all types of vision, such as close vision and computer vision
- Frequently required to use hand dexterity for use of standard office and clinical equipment
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and/or extended hours as Company dictates
- Occasional exposure to various temperatures
- Frequent exposure to blood and bodily fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
About the Company
COC, Continuity of Care, is a leading provider of mobile phlebotomy and imaging services in the US. Operating in 9 states currently and expanding every month, COC is the largest non-lab owned mobile phlebotomy company on the West Coast. COC provides services to mental health centers, skilled nursing facilities, community care-based programs, local government outreach programs, workers compensation, dental offices, doctors’ offices, and even in-home services. The company’s relationships with local and national labs allow for our client/patient’s samples to be processed quickly preventing any delays in care.