Job Title: Phlebotomist
Location: Port Orchard/Gig Harbor, WA
Employee Type: Part-time
Days and Times: Monday-Friday Start time 6am. Should be completed by 8am or 9am. Can start earlier if want to get some hours before a full time job.
About the position
COC Consulting is looking for a part-time phlebotomist in Port Orchard/Gig Harbor. The Phlebotomist ensures the proper collection, processing, labeling, storage, and mailing of blood and urine samples to the laboratory for testing.
- Collects patient blood and/or urine specimens using established procedures
- Properly prepares collected specimens for testing and analysis, ensuring specimen integrity
- Verifies urine and blood test requisitions
- Identifies the patient before any specimen is obtained
- Labels and documents specimens to prepare for shipment
- Maintains daily tallies of collections performed
- Tracks and requests laboratory and office supplies needed to fulfill duties
- Provides site specific procedural training to new employees
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; follow Universal Precautions and OSHA standards when handling specimens.
- Strictly adheres to HIPAA regulations
- Travels to additional sites when needed
- Performs additional job duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency
- Computer and technology proficient
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check
- A proven ability to handle ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK CONDITIONS
- Frequently required to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 20 pounds
- Frequently required to speak and hear
- Frequently required to sit or stand for periods of time and bend, stretch, and stoop
- Frequently required to use all types of vision, such as close vision and computer vision
- Frequently required to use hand dexterity for use of standard office and clinical equipment
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and/or extended hours as Company dictates
- Occasional exposure to various temperatures
- Frequent exposure to blood and bodily fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick time
- Autonomous work
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of talented, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
COC, Continuity of Care, is a leading provider of mobile phlebotomy and imaging services in the US. Operating in 9 states currently and expanding every month, COC is the largest non-lab owned mobile phlebotomy company on the West Coast. COC provides services to mental health centers, skilled nursing facilities, community care-based programs, local government outreach programs, workers compensation, dental offices, doctors’ offices, and even in-home services. The company’s relationships with local and national labs allow for our client/patient’s samples to be processed quickly preventing any delays in care.